Are you looking for Tanzu Application Platform (TAP) installation using a graphical and simple method? then this blog post is for you:) .. In this blog post, you will learn to setup TAP 1.0.1 on an EKS cluster using TMC catalog.
- EKS cluster is created and you have administrative permissions
- TMC access
- Tanzu Network access
- EKS Cluster is attached to TMC
- Login to TMC UI
Clusters, then select the cluster
- Click on the
Namespacestab and click
- Click Create. Now, you have tap-install namespace created.
Note: Namespace name can be anything that you like. I have chosen
- Next step is to create a secret for Tanzu Network registry. Click on
Secretstab under the selected cluster.
- Click on the button to export secret to all namespace.
- Once secret is created, you will see see all status as green.
- Next step is to add TAP registry. Click on
Add-onsunder the cluster. Click
Add Package Repositoryand enter the details.
Add Repositoryto add the TAP repository.
- Click on
- Scroll down and you will see the TAP package available for installation. You will see many other packages as well.
- Click on the package. Note: I am using few screenshots that refer different cluster but the process is same and you can ignore the name.
Install Package. Enter the package name and select the version.
Next. You can leave all option as default but in my case, I selected the tap-install namespace where you want tap to be installed.
Nextand fill the parameters detail. In my case, I am using
fullprofile for TAP installation. Here is reference yaml file.
profile: full ceip_policy_disclosed: true # Installation fails if this is set to 'false' buildservice: kp_default_repository: "" kp_default_repository_username: "" kp_default_repository_password: "" tanzunet_username: "" tanzunet_password: "" descriptor_name: "tap-1.0.0-full" enable_automatic_dependency_updates: true supply_chain: testing_scanning ootb_supply_chain_testing_scanning: registry: server: "" repository: "build-service" gitops: ssh_secret: "" learningcenter: ingressDomain: "" cnrs: domain_name: "" tap_gui: service_type: ClusterIP ingressEnabled: "true" ingressDomain: "" app_config: app: baseUrl: http://tap-gui.DOMAIN.com catalog: locations: - type: url target: https://github.com/dineshtripathi30/tanzuapp/blob/main/blank/catalog-info.yaml backend: baseUrl: http://tap-gui.DOMAIN.com cors: origin: http://tap-gui.DOMAIN.com metadata_store: app_service_type: LoadBalancer # (optional) Defaults to LoadBalancer. Change to NodePort for distributions that don't support LoadBalancer grype: namespace: "default" # (optional) Defaults to default namespace. targetImagePullSecret: "registry-credentials" contour: infrastructure_provider: aws envoy: service: aws: LBType: nlb
Note: Refer below URL for parameter detail and complete the yaml for your use.
Install Packageand watch the progress.
- Once installed, you will see the package installation status as green.
- ~10-15 mins it took in my case to complete the package installation, It make take more or less time depends on your environment and network. So keep watching the progress.
For more detail about installation, refer the doc below.